Families who are caring for children who have experienced trauma need everyone on their team to understand their child and family dynamics.
If you are a social worker, teacher, case manager or any other professional serving foster and adoptive families with children who have experienced trauma, this training is for you!
In this training you will learn the science behind how trauma impacts the brain, body and behavior of a child, as well as practical strategies to help families heal the child who comes from a hard place. The participants will learn practical trauma informed strategies that they can implement in the work they do with families everyday.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
1. The lifelong impact of trauma
2. How to maximize a child’s sense of felt safety
3. How to help a child reduce overwhelming emotions
4. How to help a child reduce overwhelming behaviors
5. How to support a child’s essential connections and relationships
6. How to help children develop strength-based life stories
This is an synchronous course that will meet virtually every Wednesday from 10am-12pm for 8 weeks from October 7th- Nov. 25th.
Please register using the link below.